Air Pressure related mcq pdf download
695. Air pressure is lowest in
(A) Winter season
(B) Spring season
(C) Autumn season
(D) Summer season
696. Which of the following latitudes
(North or South) would you associate with ‘Horse Latitudes’?
(A) 30º (B) 45º
(C) 60º (D) 23½º
697. Assertion (A): 60º-65º latitudes in both the hemispheres have a low pressure belt instead of high pressure. Reason (R): The low pressure areas are stable over oceans rather than on land. Code
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and
(R) is the correct explanation of
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
698. Consider the following statements.
1. Either of the two belts over the oceans at about 30º to 35º N and S latitudes is known as Horse Latitude.
2. Horse Latitudes are low pressure belts. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2