Animal Husbandary related gk mcq pdf download
1061. A state in India has the following characteristics.
1. Its Northern part is arid and semi-arid.
2. Its central part produces cotton.
3. Cultivation of cash crops is predominant over food crops. Which one of the following states has all of the above characteristics?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(D) Tamil Nadu
1062. About one-third of India’s cattle population is found in the three states, these are
(A) Bihar, Maharastra and Uttar Pradesh
(B) Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh
(C) Punjab, Orissa and Rajasthan
(D) Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Rajasthan
1063. Consider the following pairs. Region Well-known for the production of
1. Kinnaur – Arecanut
2. Mewat – Mango
3. Coromandel – Soyabean Which of the above pairs is/are correctly matched?
(A) Only 1 and 2
(B) Only 3
(C) 1, 2 and 3
(D) None of the above
1064. Stock Farming is
(A) Growing of 2-3 crops at the same time
(B) Breeding of animals
(C) Crop rotation
(D) None of the above
1065. Most milk yielding goat breed in India is
(A) Barbari (B) Jamunapari
(C) Kali Bengali (D) Beetal
1066. National Dairy Research Institute is located at
(A) Jhansi (B) New Delhi
(C) Ludhiana (D) Karnal
1067. Largest density of number of cattle in per 100 hectare gross cultivable land is in
(C) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Uttar Pradesh
1068. The cow breed known for high milk yield is
(A) Gangatiri (B) Haryana
(C) Sahiwal (D) Tharparkar
1069. Where are the Tharparkar species found?
(A) Tribal Belt
(B) Border region of Rajasthan
(C) Hadauti Region
(D) Torawati Region
1070. What is ‘Operation Flood’ associated with?
(A) Flood Control
(B) Irrigation Project
(C) Storage of Food grains
(D) Milk Production and Distribution
1071. India’s place in milk production in the world is
(A) First (B) Second
(C) Third (D) Fourth
1072. White Revolution is related to
(A) Egg production
(B) Milk production
(C) Wheat production
(D) Fish production
1073. Who is known as the father of India’s ‘White Revolution’?
(A) Dr. Varghese Kurien
(B) Dr. Hargovind Khurana
(C) Dr. Homi Bhabha
(D) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
1074. Which of the following statements are correct?
1. Largest number of cattle are found in Madhya Pradesh.
2. Largest number of Buffaloes in India are found in Uttar Pradesh.
3. Largest number of sheep in India are found in Rajasthan.
4. Uttar Pradesh in India is the largest producer of cow milk. Select the correct answer using the code given below.
(A) 1 and 2 (B) 2 and 3
(C) 3 and 4 (D) 1 and 4
1075. Who among the following is associated with ‘White Revolution’?
(A) P.J. Kurien
(B) Varghese Kurien
(C) M.S. Swaminathan
(D) M.S. Raghunathan