Atmosphere related mcq questions pdf
652. Generally, where are coral reefs found?
(A) In temperature climate above 18ºC
(B) Between tropics of cancer and tropics of capricorn coastal areas
(C) On both East and West coast of continents and islands only
(D) On colder sea coasts
653. The correct sequence of different layers of the atmosphere from the surface of the Earth upwards is
(A) Troposphere, Stratosphere, Ionosphere, Mesosphere
(B) Stratosphere, Troposphere, Ionosphere, Mesosphere
(C) Troposphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere, Ionosphere
(D) Stratosphere, Troposphere, Mesosphere, Ionosphere
654. The largest Coral reef in the world is found near the coast of which one of the following countries?
(A) Australia (B) Cuba
(C) Ghana (D) Philippines
655. The atmosphere is a mixture of several gases. Near the Earth surface it contains mainly
(A) Nitrogen and oxygen
(B) Nitrogen and carbon dioxide
(C) Oxygen and carbon dioxide
(D) Ethane and oxygen
656. Most weather activity occurs in which atmospheric layer?
657. The stratosphere is said to be ideal for flying jet aircrafts. This is because
(A) This layer is rich in ozone which reduces fuel consumption
(B) The temperature is constant and ideal for aircraft engine efficiency
(C) This layer is out of the firing range of antiaircraft guns
(D) The absence of the clouds and other weather phenomena
658. Which gas has maximum percentage in atmosphere?
(A) Carbon (B) Nitrogen
(C) Oxygen (D) Hydrogen
659. Which of the following protects life on Earth from the harmful radiations of the Sun?
(C) Ozone layer
660. The ozone layer lies in the
661. Ozone layer refers to
(A) The atmospheric condition of Antarctica
(B) Modern invention done on the planet saturn
(C) The layer about 10-20 km below the surface of Earth
(D) The layer of atmosphere of 15-20 km above the surface of Earth
662. Function of ozone layer in stratosphere is
(A) To stabilize the global temperature
(B) To reduce the frequency of Earthquake
(C) To avoid failure of monsoons
(D) To prevent ultra-violet radiation effect on ground
663. Which one of the following layers of the atmosphere is responsible for the deflection of radio waves?
(A) Troposphere (B) Stratosphere
(C) Mesosphere (D) Ionosphere
664. The height of ozone layer above the surface of Earth is
(A) 15-20 km (B) 40-50 km
(C) 70-80 km (D) 110-120 km
665. Wireless communication is reflected to Earth’s surface by
666. Which layer of atmosphere is responsible for Aurora Borealis?
667. In which atmospheric layer are communication satellites located?
(A) Exosphere (B) Stratosphere
(C) Ionosphere (D) Troposphere
668. Which layer of Atmosphere is used for Telecommunication?
669. Arrange the following atmospheric zones in terms of the distance from the Earth’s surface in increasing order and select the correct answer from the code given below.
4. Mesosphere Code
(A) 1, 3, 4, 2 (B) 2, 3, 1, 4
(C) 3, 4, 2, 1 (D) 2, 3, 4, 1
670. The four layers of the atmosphere are
1. Ionosphere 2. Mesosphere
3. Stratosphere 4. Troposphere Their correct ascending order in terms of height is Code
(A) 1, 2, 3, 4 (B) 2, 1, 4, 3
(C) 4, 3, 2, 1 (D) 3, 4, 1, 2
671. Which of the following are correct in matching the layer of atmosphere and its characteristics?
1. Troposphere – Weather Phenomena
2. Stratosphere – Ozone layer
3. Ionosphere – Radio waves reflected to Earth’s surface
4. Mesosphere – Aurorae Code
(A) 1, 2, 3 and 4
(B) 1, 2 and 4
(C) 1, 2 and 3
(D) 2 and 3