Emergency Provisions related short questions pdf
1201. Which of the following is/are extra-constitutional and extra-legal device(s) for securing co-operation and coordination between the States in India?
1. The National Development Council
2. The Governor’s Conference
3. Zonal Councils
4. Inter-state Council Code
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 1, 3 and 4
(C) 3 and 4
(D) Only 4
1202. Which one of the following cannot be the ground for Proclamation of Emergency under the Constitution of India?
(B) External aggression
(C) Armed rebellion
(D) Internal disturbance
1203. Given below are two statements one is labelled as Assertion (A) and the other is labelled as Reason (R). Assertion (A): Sarkaria Commission recommended that Article 356 should be sparingly used. Reason (R): The political parties that came to form the Government at the Centre misused Article 356. Code
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and
(R) is the correct explanation of
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
1204. Under which Article of the Constitution it is the responsibility of the Indian Government to protect States from external aggression and internal disturbance?
(A) Article 355 (B) Article 356
(C) Article 352 (D) Article 360
1205. The President can declare National Emergency on the basis of
(A) Armed rebellion
(B) External Aggression
(D) All above mentioned reasons
1206. According to which Article ‘National Emergency may be declared by the President of India’?
(A) Article 352 (B) Article 370
(C) Article 371 (D) Article 395
1207. Which one of the following is not a basis to declare National Emergency in India?
(B) External attack
(C) Threat to internal peace
(D) Armed rebellion
1208. Under which of the following articles the President of India can suspend the enforcement of Fundamental Rights (except Articles 20, 21)?
(A) Article 358 (B) Article 359
(C) Article 13 (D) Article 356
1209. According to Article 352 of the Constitution, the National Emergency can be declared in which among the following circumstances?
(A) The failure of the Constitutional machinery
(C) Internal disturbance
(D) War, external aggression or armed rebellion
1210. Which one among the following pairs of Articles relating to the Fundamental Rights cannot be suspended during the enforcement of Emergency under Article 359 of the Indian Constitution?
(A) Articles 20 and 21
(B) Articles 14 and 15
(C) Articles 16 and 17
(D) Articles 24 and 25
1211. Under Article 356 of the Constitution of India, President’s Rule was imposed for the first time in
(A) Uttar Pradesh
1212. The term of a State Legislative Assembly can be extended during Emergency by
(A) The President
(B) The Parliament
(C) The Governor of State
(D) The State Legislature
1213. Mainly on whose advice the President’s Rule is imposed in the State?
(A) Chief Minister
(B) Legislative Assembly
(D) Chief Justice of High Court
1214. Which one of the following is the time limit for the ratification of an Emergency period by the Parliament?
(A) 14 days (B) 1 month
(C) 3 months (D) 6 months
1215. Under which Article of the Indian Constitution President’s Rule can be imposed in a State?
(A) Article 370 (B) Article 368
(C) Article 356 (D) Article 352
1216. Who said, “The emergency power of the President is a fraud with the Constitution”?
(A) K.M. Munshi
(B) B.N. Rao
(C) K.M. Nambiar
(D) H.N. Kuniaru
1217. A Proclamation of Emergency must be placed before the Parliament for its approval
(A) Within one month
(B) Within two months
(C) Within six months
(D) Within one year
1218. How many times has Financial Emergency been declared in India so far?
(A) 5 times (B) 4 times
(C) Once (D) Never
1219. Which one of the following Articles of the Indian Constitution has never been implemented into action?
(A) Article 60 (B) Article 360
(C) Article 352 (D) Article 356
1220. During National Emergency the term of the House of People
(A) Cannot be extended
(B) Can be extended till the Emergency lasts
(C) Can be extended for one year only
(D) Can be extended till Emergency lasts but only by one year at a time
1221. How many types of emergencies have been envisaged under the Indian Constitution?
(A) Two (B) Three
(C) Four (D) One
1222. The President of India may declare the National Emergency if there is the threat of
1. External aggression
2. Internal disturbances
3. Armed rebellion
4. Communal clashes Select the correct answer from the code given below.
(A) Only 1 and 2 (B) Only 2 and 3
(C) Only 3 and 4 (D) Only 1 and 3
1223. President’s Rule can be imposed for a maximum period of
(A) 1 year (B) 2 years
(C) 6 months (D) 3 years
1224. Which of the following are not necessarily the consequences of the proclamation of the President’s rule in a State?
1. Dissolution of the State Legislative Assembly
2. Removal of the Council of Ministers in the State
3. Dissolution of the local bodies Select the correct answer using the code given below.
(A) Only 1 and 2 (B) Only 1 and 3
(C) Only 2 and 3 (D) 1, 2 and 3
1225. Under which of the following circumstances can the President declare National Emergency?
1. External Aggression
2. Internal Disturbances
3. Failure of the Constitutional Machinery in States
4. Financial Crisis Choose the correct answer from the codes given below.
(A) 1, 2 and 3 (B) 1, 3 and 4
(C) 2, 3 and 4 (D) 1, 2 and 4
1226. Consider the following statements in respect of financial emergency under Article 360 of the Constitution of India.
1. A Proclamation of financial emergency issued shall cease to operate at the expiration of two months, unless, before the expiration of that period, it has been approved by the resolutions of both Houses of Parliament.
2. If any Proclamation of financial emergency is in operation, it is competent for the President of India to issue directions for the reduction of salaries and allowances of all or any class of persons, serving in connection with the affairs of the Union but excluding the Judges of the Supreme Court and the High Courts. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
1227. Consider the following statements regarding Article 356 of the Constitution.
1. Failure of Constitutional Machinery in States is an objective reality.
2. A Proclamation under this Article can be reviewed by Supreme Court.
3. Alongwith this Proclamation, State Legislative Assembly can be dissolved.
4. This Proclamation has to be approved by each House of Parliament within two months. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
(A) Only 1, 2 and 4
(B) Only 1, 2 and 3
(C) Only 3 and 4
(D) Only 2, 3 and 4