High Tide, Low Tide mcq pdf
518. Spring Tide occurs
(A) When the Sun, the Earth and Moon are in a straight line
(B) When the Sun and Moon make a right angle
(C) When a strong wind blows
(D) When the night is very cold
519. What are the causes of high-tide low-tide formation in the ocean?
(A) Due to the effect of the Sun
(B) Due to rotation of the Earth
(C) Due to the combined effect of Sun and the Moon
(D) Due to Gravitation, Centripetal force and the Centrifugal force
520. The high tide in the Ocean is caused by
(A) Earthquake (B) Sun
(C) Stars (D) Moon
521. Tides occurs in oceans and seas due to which among the following?
1. Gravitational force of Sun.
2. Gravitational force of Moon.
3. Centrifugal force of Earth. Select the correct answer using the code given below.
(A) Only 1 (B) Only 2 and 3
(C) Only 1 and 3 (D) 1, 2 and 3
522. The cause of producing indirect high tide is
(A) Gravitational force of the Moon
(B) Gravitational force of the Sun
(C) Centrifugal force of the Earth
(D) Gravitational force of the Earth
523. In which one of the following positions given in the figure seatide would have maximum height? M1 Sun Orbit of Earth Orbit of Moon M2 M3 M4
(A) M1 (B) M2
(C) M3 (D) M4
524. Statement (A): During the times of neap-tide, high-tide is below normal and low-tide is above normal. Reason (R): Neap-tides occurs during the new-Moon instead of full-Moon. Choose the correct answer using following options.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and
(R) is the correct explanation of
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true