History Jain Religion short questions pdf download
311. Where was Mahavira Swami born?
(A) Kundagram (B) Pataliputra
(C) Magadha (D) Vaishali
312. Parshvanatha, the Jain ‘Thirthankara’ was associated mainly with which of the following places?
(A) Varanasi (B) Kaushambi
(C) Giribraja (D) Champa
313. Who was the first Tirthankara of Jain religion?
314. The originator of the Jain religion is
(A) Arya Sudharma
(B) Mahavira Swami
(D) Rishabh Dev
315. Mahavira Jain breathed his last at
(A) Rajgir (B) Ranchi
(C) Pavapuri (D) Samastipur
316. Kundalpur is the birthplace of
(A) Emperor Ashoka
(B) Gautam Buddha
(C) Mahavira Swami
(D) Chitanya Mahaprabhu
317. Who was the last one in the order of Jain Tirthankaras?
(A) Parshvanath (B) Risabhdev
(C) Mahavira (D) Manisuvrata
318. The word Tirthankara is related to
(A) Buddhists (B) Christians
(C) Hindus (D) Jains
319. Prabhasgiri is a pilgrim spot of
(A) Buddhists (B) Jains
(C) Saivites (D) Vaishnavites
320. Which one of the following was not a Jain Tirthankara?
321. The doctrine of three jewels-Right faith, Right action and Right Knowledge, is the crowning glory of
(A) Buddhism (B) Christianity
(C) Jainism (D) None of these
322. In Jain religion, which word is used for ‘Complete Intellect’?
(A) Jin (B) Ratna
(C) Kaivalya (D) Nirvana
323. Syadvad is a doctrine of
(A) Lokayatism (B) Saivism
(C) Jainism (D) Vaishnavism
324. The correct of Anuvrata was advocated by
(A) Mahayana Buddhism
(B) Hinayana Buddhism
(D) The Lokayata school
325. Anekantavada is a core theory and philosophy of which one of the following?
(A) Buddhism (B) Jainism
(C) Sikhism (D) Vaishnavism
326. The Jain philosophy holds that the world is created and maintained by
(A) Universal Law
(B) Universal Truth
(C) Universal Faith
(D) Universal Soul
327. The basic point of Jainism is
328. Which of the following religions does not trust in the concept of ‘final annihilation of the world’?
(A) Buddhism (B) Jainism
(C) Hinduism (D) Islam
329. Which of the following is the earliest holy book of Jain?
(A) Twelve Angas
(B) Twelve Upangas
(C) Fourteen Purvas
(D) Fourteen Uppurva
330. Yapaniya was the sect of
(A) Buddhist (B) Jainism
(C) Shaivists (D) Vaishnavists
331. Which of the following place is known as a place of Pilgrimages because of being related with Parshvanath?
(C) Sammed Shikhar
332. In which one of the following languages was the earliest Jain literature compiled?
333. Who was the first founder of Shwetambar creed during the first partition of Jain creed?
(D) Deverdhi Kshama Sharaman
334. Which one of the following is not a part of early Jain literature?
335. Who was the first follower of Mahavira?
(A) Jamali (B) Yashoda
(C) Aanojja (D) Trishala
336. The first disciple of Lord Mahavir was
(A) Jamali (B) Yashoda
(C) Bipin (D) Prabhash
337. With reference to ancient Jainism, which one of the following statement is correct?
(A) Jainism was spread in South India under the leadership of Sthulabhadra
(B) The Jains who remained under the leadership of Bhadrabahu were called Svetambaras after the Council held at Pataliputra
(C) Jainism enjoyed the patronage of the Kalinga King Kharavela in the first century BC
(D) In the initial stage of Jainism, the Jainas worshipped image unlike Buddhist
338. Svetambara Agama was finally edited at the Jain Council of
(A) Vaishali (B) Balabhi
(C) Pawa (D) Pataliputra
339. ‘Ajivika’ sect was founded by
(C) Makkhali Gosala
340. ‘Samadhi Maran’ is related to which Philosophy?
(A) Buddhist Philosophy
(B) Jain Philosophy
(C) Yoga Philosophy
(D) Lokayat Philosophy
341. The sect which believed in abiding nature of destiny.
(A) Jainism (B) Ajivikas
(C) Charvaka (D) Buddhism
342. Who among these rendered that ‘Fate assigns everything, human is incapable’?
343. Which one of the following is not true about the Barabar hill caves?
(A) There are in all four caves on the Barabar hill
(B) Inscriptions of Ashoka are found on the walls of three caves
(C) These inscriptions inform us about the dedication of these caves to the Ajivikas
(D) These inscriptions date back to 6th century B.C.
344. Who used the caves of Barabar as their shelter-house?
(A) Ajivikas (B) Tharus
(C) Jains (D) Tantrikas
345. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(A) The statue of Gomateshwara at Sravanabelagola represents the last Tirthankara of Jains
(B) India’s largest Buddhist monastery is in Arunachal Pradesh
(C) The Khajuraho temples were built under Chandela Kings
(D) The Hoyseleswara temple is dedicated to Shiva
346. The famous pilgrimage of Buddhists as well as of Jains in Uttar Pradesh is at
347. Mahamastakabhisheka, a great religious event, is associated with and done for who of the following?
348. Who built ‘Gommateshwara’ statue at Sravanabelagola?
349. Consider the following statements.
1. The Ikshvaku rulers of Southern India were antagonistic towards Buddhism.
2. The Pala rulers of Eastern India were Patrons of Buddhism. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
350. Which of the following statements is/are applicable to Jaina Doctrine?
1. The surest way of annihilating karma is to practice penance.
2. Every object, even the smallest particle has a soul.
3. Karma is the bane of the soul and must be ended. Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
(A) Only 1
(B) 2 and 3
(C) 1 and 2
(D) 1, 2 and 3
351. Consider the following statements.
1. Vardhaman a Mahavira’s mother was the daughter of Lichchhavi King Chetaka.
2. Gautama Buddha’s mother was a princess from the Koliyan dynasty.
3. Parshvanatha, the twentythird Tirthankara, belonged to Banaras. Which of these statements is/are correct?
(A) Only 1 (B) Only 2
(C) 2 and 3 (D) 1, 2 and 3
352. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below. List-I (Tirthankara)
(d) Sambhavnatha List-II (Cognizance)
4. Water Jar Code
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 4 3 2 (B) 1 3 2 4
(C) 3 1 4 2 (D) 3 1 2 4