India Coastal Regions related mcq pdf download
181. What is the total length of coastal line of India?
(A) 3500 km
(B) 800 km
(C) 6000 km
(D) 7500 km
182. From which of the following coasts the mean sea level of India is measured?
183. Coastal line of India is
(A) 6200 km long
(B) 6100 km long
(C) 5985 km long
(D) 7517 km long
184. Which of the following Indian states has the longest sea coast?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(D) Tamil Nadu
185. The limit of the territorial water of India extends upto
(A) 3 nautical miles from the coast
(B) 6 nautical miles from the coast
(C) 12 nautical miles from the coast
(D) 24 nautical miles from the coast
186. During ancient Indian historical geography, the term ‘Ratnakara’ denoted
(A) The Arabian sea
(B) The bay of Bengal
(C) The Indian Ocean
(D) The Confluence of the Ganga, the Jamuna and the mythical Saraswati in Prayag
187. In India, how many States share the coastline?
188. The sea coast of Tamil Nadu is known as
(A) Circar coast
(B) Konkan coast
(C) Malabar coast
(D) Coromandel coast
189. The name of the coast of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh is
(C) Northern Circar
190. Which of the following is also known as ‘Cape Comorin’?
191. Which one of the following coasts of India is located between Krishna delta and Cape Comorin?
(A) Coromandel Coast
(B) North Circar
(C) Malabar Coast
(D) Konkan Coast
192. ‘You might see a few curious Danes around, but that is because….. used to be Danish out post. This quaint town with its fort and a beautiful church, the New Jerusalem, empty streets and deserted beach front is a quaint gem’. The place referred to in this quotation lies on the
(A) Tamil Nadu Coast
(B) Kerala Coast
(C) Karnataka Coast
(D) Goa Coast
193. Maximum Coastal erosion is caused by
(D) Tsunami waves
194. Consider the following cities located on Western coast of India.
4. Sindhudurg Which of the following option represents correct order of cities from North to South? Code
(A) 1 2 3 4 (B) 2 1 3 4
(C) 1 2 4 3 (D) 1 4 2 3
195. Consider the map given below. The divisions along India’s coastal region indicate?
(A) Coastal pollution zones
(B) Salinity density isopleths
(C) The areas upto which sovereignty extends
(D) Underwater relief contours
196. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists. List-I (Sea Beach)
(d) Marina List-II (State)
1. Tamil Nadu
2. West Bengal
4. Goa Code
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 2 4 3 (B) 2 3 4 1
(C) 2 1 3 4 (D) 4 3 2 1
197. Which of the following city is/are located on Western coast of India?
1. Janjira 2. Udupi
3. Auroville 4. Tuticorin Code
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 2 and 3
(C) 3 and 4
(D) 1, 2 and 4