Indian rainfall related gk mcq pdf download
524. Which among the following pairs of places have most marked differences in total annual rainfalls even though located approximaterly along the same latitude?
(A) Bengaluru and Chennai
(B) Mumbai and Visakhapatnam
(C) Ajmer and Shillong
(D) Nagpur and Kolkata
525. Which amongst the following States gets the highest average annual rainfall?
(A) Arunachal Pradesh
(D) Jammu and Kashmir
526. The state which receives maximum rainfall due to North-East monsoon is
(A) Assam (B) West Bengal
(C) Tamil Nadu (D) Odisha
527. India gets maximum rainfall mainly from
(A) North-East Monsoon
(B) Retreating Monsoon
(C) South-West Monsoon
(D) Convectional rainfall
528. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of the given Indian cities in the decreasing order of their normal annual rainfall?
(A) Kochi – Kolkata – Delhi – Patna
(B) Kolkata – Kochi – Patna – Delhi
(C) Kochi – Kolkata – Patna – Delhi
(D) Kolkata – Kochi – Delhi – Patna
529. The average annual temperature of a meterological station is 26ºC, its average annual rainfall is 63 cm and the annual range temperature is 9ºC. The station in question is
(A) Allahabad (B) Chennai
(C) Cherrapunji (D) Kolkata
530. Among the following places which one gets the least rainfall?
(A) Leh (B) Bikaner
(C) Jaisalmer (D) Cherrapunji
531. Mango shower is
(A) Shower of mangoes
(B) Dropping of mangoes
(C) Rainfall in March-April in Bihar and Bengal
(D) Crop of mango
532. Which one of the following places has the lowest rainfall during the South-West Monsoon?
(A) Kolkata (B) Mangalore
(C) Chennai (D) Delhi
533. Which one of the following places has the lowest annual rainfall?
(A) Bellary (B) Jaisalmer
(C) Jodhpur (D) Leh
534. The highest rainfall in India occurs in
(A) Western Ghats, Himalayan Region and Meghalaya
(B) Madhya Pradesh and Bihar
(C) Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab
(D) Andhra Pradesh and Vidarbha
535. Cherrapunji is located in
(A) Assam (B) Manipur
(C) Meghalaya (D) Mizoram
536. Which of the following Water Management Strategy in India is cost-effective?
(A) Improvement of the flusti system
(B) Treatment and use of waste water
(C) Rain water harvesting
(D) Recycling and Re-use of water
537. India has an abundant volume of rainfall but is still regarded as a thirsty land. This is due to
(A) Rapid run off of water
(B) Quick evaporation of rain water
(C) Concentration of rainfall during a few months only
(D) All of the above
538. By which monsoon does Jharkhand receive rainfall?
(A) North-East Monsoon
(B) South-West Monsoon
(D) None of the above
539. Which of the following areas have an average of 200 mm rainfall in India?
(A) Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka
(B) Jammu and Kashmir
(C) West Bengal, Orissa, Bihar
(D) Assam, Manipur, Tripura
540. When there is a very heavy rainfall in the Pushkar Hills, where does floods occur?
(B) Sawai Madhopur
541. The hallmark of watershed development in the semi-arid regions of India is the
(A) Establishment of sheds on large scale, so that the rain water does not evaporate
(B) Undertaking of earthworks, soil conservation, moisture and recharge under ground water
(C) Drilling deep tube well so as to tap water at the rock-strate level
(D) Setting up a system of tanks by embanking water from seasonal rivers
542. How many districts in India are included under desert development programme?
(A) 11 districts (B) 14 districts
(C) 17 districts (D) 21 districts
543. A rainy day as defined by the Indian meterological department is a day when the rainfall at a point received is
(A) 0.5 mm to 1 mm in 24 hours
(B) 1.1 mm to 1.5 mm in 24 hours
(C) 1.6 mm to 2 mm in 24 hours
(D) Above 2.5 mm in 24 hours
544. Consider the map of India given below. India The map shows
(A) An Isohyet
(B) All India water divide
(C) A combination of national highways
(D) A combination of major highway route
545. Consider the map given below. Annual Rainfall The mean annual rainfall in the shaded parts of India.
(A) 100-150 cm (B) 150-200 cm
(C) 200-250 cm (D) 250-300 cm
546. Assertion (A): The Monsoonal rainfall decreases as one goes toward the West and North-West in the Ganga plain. Reason (R): The moisture bearing Monsoonal winds go higher as one moves up in the Ganga plain. In the context of the above two statements which one of the following is correct?
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and
(R) is the correct explanation of
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true