Indian Standard Time related mcq questions pdf
20. If it is 10:00 a.m. IST, then what would be the local time at Shillong on 92º E longitude?
(A) 9:38 a.m.
(B) 10:38 a.m.
(C) 10:22 a.m.
(D) 9:22 a.m.
21. Which of the following cities is closest to IST (Indian Standard Time) meridian?
22. How many hours of time difference will be there between the most Western village of Gujarat and the most Eastern village of Arunachal Pradesh, Walong?
(A) 1 hour (B) 2 hours
(C) 3 hours (D) 1/2 hour
23. When there is midnight at IST meridian, a place observes 6 A.M. The meridian on which the said place is located is
(A) 7º 31′ E
(B) 172º 30′ E
(C) 7º 30′ E
(D) 127º 30′ W
24. When it is noon at IST meridian, what would be the local time at 120º East longitude?
(A) 09:30 (B) 14:30
(C) 17:30 (D) 20:00
25. If the Sun rises at Tirap in Arunachal Pradesh at 5:00 a.m. (IST), then what time (IST), will the Sun rise in Kandla in Gujarat?
(A) About 5:30 a.m.
(B) About 6:00 a.m.
(C) About 7:00 a.m.
(D) About 7:30 a.m.
26. Standard Indian Time (Meridian Longitude 82º 30′) passes through which of the following towns?
(A) Nagpur (B) Delhi
(C) Patna (D) Allahabad
27. The Indian Standard Time Meridian does not pass through
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(D) Uttar Pradesh
28. The Indian Standard Time is taken from which of the following city?
(A) Allahabad (Naini)
29. Which of the following longitudes is known as ‘Standard Meridian’ in India?
(A) 87º 30′ E (B) 85º 30′ E
(C) 84º 30′ E (D) 82º 30′ E
30. Consider the following statements.
1. Longitude of Jabalpur’s location is between those of Indore and Bhopal.
2. Latitude of Aurangabad’s location is between those of Vadodara and Pune.
3. Bangalore is situated more Southward than Chennai. Which of these statements is/are correct?
(A) 1 and 3
(B) Only 2
(C) 2 and 3
(D) 1, 2 and 3
31. How much is the difference between Indian Standard Time
(I.S.T.) and Greenwich Mean Time
(A) +4½ hours
(B) +5½ hours
(C) – 5½ hours
(D) – 4½ hours