Mughal Administration related mcq pdf
510. Who among the following was appointed as a physician in the Mughal service?
(A) Bernier (B) Coreri
(C) Manucci (D) Tavernier
511. In Mughal era Duty of Mir Bakshi was
(A) Charged tax from farmers
(B) Maintaining accounts of income and expenses
(D) Supervisions of land revenue officials
512. Which of the following was the head of the army in Mughal period?
(A) Shane-e-Peel (B) Mir Bakshi
(C) Wazir (D) Sawahenigar
513. What was ‘district’ known as during the Mughal administration?
(A) Ahar (B) Vishyas
(C) Suba (D) Sarkar
514. In medieval India, Mansabdari system was introduced mainly for
(A) Making recruitment to the army
(B) Facilitating revenue collection
(C) Ensuring religious harmony
(D) Effecting clean administration
515. In the Mughal administration ‘Muhtasib’ was
(A) Military Officer
(B) Head of Foreign Affairs
(C) An Officer-in-Charge of public morals
(D) Officer of Correspondence Department
516. What was the principal source of State Income in Mughal India?
(C) Land Revenue
517. Which one of the following is not true about the Mughal Mansabdari System?
(A) There were 33 divisions
(B) They got conditional or Mashut rank
(C) Their ‘Sawar’ rank could exceed the ‘Zat’ rank
(D) All civil and military officers were given mansabs
518. The Mughal Emperor who prohibited the use of tobacco was
(A) Akbar (B) Babur
(C) Jahangir (D) Aurangzeb
519. In Mughal administrative vocabulary ‘Maal’ represents
(A) Land Revenue
(D) None of the above
520. Who among the following rulers issued some coins with figures of Rama and Sita and Devanagari legend ‘Rama-Siya’?
(B) Siddharaja Jayasimha
521. ‘Madad-i-Mash’ indicates in Mughal administration
(A) Toll Tax
(B) Revenue freeland granted to learned person
(C) Pension provided to military officials
(D) Cultivation Tax
522. The meaning of word Bantai during Medieval period was
(A) Religious Tax
(B) System of calculating revenue
(C) Wealth tax
(D) Property tax
523. During the Mughal rule, in complete the copper coin was known as
(A) Rupee (B) Dam
(C) Tanka (D) Shamsi
524. Read the statements 1 and 2 below and choose the correct answer from the codes given below.
1. Not all the mansabdars were military officers.
2. Those who held high civil posts under the Mughals were also mansabdars and were graded accordingly. Code
(A) Both 1 and 2 are false
(B) Both 1 and 2 are true
(C) 1 is true, while 2 is false
(D) 1 is false, while 2 is true
525. Assertion (A): The Mansabdari system was existing during the Mughal period. Reason (R): Mansabdars were selected on the basis of qualification.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and
(R) is the correct explanation of
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
526. Consider the following statements. Ahadis were those troopers who
1. offered their services singly
2. did not attach themselves to any chief
3. had the emperor as their immediate colonel
4. attached themselves to Mirzas Of these statements.
(A) 1, 3 and 4 are correct
(B) 1, 2 and 3 are correct
(C) 2 and 3 are correct
(D) 1 and 4 are correct
527. Consider the following statements about Mughal Mansabdari and select the correct answer by using code below.
1. ‘Zat’ and ‘Mansab’ designation were granted.
2. Mansabdars were hereditarily officials.
3. There were three classes of Mansabdars.
4. Their salary was paid by Diwan Office. Code
(A) Four statements are true
(B) Four statements are false
(C) Only 1, 2 and 3 are true
(D) Only 1 and 3 are true