Natural Region of India related mcq pdf download
58. India is divided into how many Natural Territories?
(A) 4 (B) 6
(C) 7 (D) 8
59. In which part of Uttarakhand are artesian wells found?
(C) Shivalik Hills
(D) None of the above
60. The paleomagnetic results obtained from India indicate that in the past, the Indian land mass has moved
(A) Northward (B) Southward
(C) Eastward (D) Westward
61. The Indian subcontinent was originally part of a huge mass called
(A) Jurassic land mass
(D) Gondwana Continent
62. Which of the following statement is incorrect?
(A) Geologically Peninsula region is India’s most ancient part
(B) Himalaya mountains demonstrate the most newly developed folded mountains in the world
(C) The Western coastline of India is formed by the deposition process of the rivers
(D) Gondwana rocks have the largest reserve of coal in India
63. Kuttanad (or Kuttanadu) of Kerala is famous for
(A) A fresh water lake
(B) The region with the lowest altitude in India
(C) A coral island
(D) The Westernmost point of India
64. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists. List-I
(a) Deccan Traps
(b) Western Ghats
(d) Narmada – Tapti alluvial deposits List-II
1. Late cenozoic
3. Cretaceous Eocene
5. Pleistocene Code
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 3 5 1 4 (B) 3 1 2 5
(C) 2 1 3 4 (D) 1 4 2 5
65. Consider the following statements regarding formation of landforms in India.
1. Structurally, the Meghalaya plateau is an extended part of the Deccan plateau.
2. The Valley of Kashmir was formed in a synclinorium.
3. The Gangetic plain was formed in a fore deep.
4. The Himalayas originated as a result of triangular convergence of the Indian plate, the European plate and the Chinese plate. Which of these statements are correct?
(A) 1, 2 and 3
(B) 1, 3 and 4
(C) 1 and 3
(D) 2 and 4
66. If there were no Himalayan ranges, what would have been the most likely geographical impact on India?
1. Most of the country would experience the cold waves from Siberia.
2. Indo-Gangetic plain would be devoid of such extensive alluvial soils.
3. The pattern of monsoon would be different from what it is at present. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 1 and 3
(C) Only 2 and 3
(D) 1, 2 and 3