Regional States : Punjab and Mysore mcq pdf
66. Ranjit Singh got famous Kohinoor diamond from
(A) Shah Suza
(B) Zaman Shah
(C) Dost Mohammad
(D) Sher Ali
67. Capital of Kingdom of Maharaja Ranjit Singh was
(A) Amritsar (B) Patiala
(C) Lahore (D) Kapurthala
68. To which Misl did Ranjit Singh belong?
(A) Sukerchakia (B) Sandhvwalia
(C) Ahluwalia (D) Ramgarhia
69. The Kingdom of Ranjit Singh included
(A) Delhi (B) Kabul
(C) Makran (D) Srinagar
70. Successor of Maharaja Ranjit Singh was
(A) Harsingh Nalwa
(B) Khadag Singh
(C) Sher Singh
(D) Naunihal Singh
71. Who among the following has said, ‘‘God intended me to look upon all religions with one eye, that is why he took away the light from the others’’?
(A) Maharaja Ranjit Singh
(B) Maharaja Sher Singh
(C) Maharaja Dalip Singh
(D) None of the above
72. Which one of the following statements is correct about Dalip Singh, the ex-Maharaja of Punjab?
(A) He died in Paris on 23 October, 1893
(B) He was cremated at Nasik
(C) He never renounced the Sikh faith
(D) He had never visited Russia
73. Who was last King of Sikh empire?
(A) Khadag Singh
(B) Sher Singh
(C) Naunihal Singh
(D) Dalip Singh
74. Who emerged victorious in the first Anglo-Mysore War (1966-69)?
(B) Haider Ali
(D) Nizam of Hyderabad
75. Who among the following was not a member of ‘Board of Three’ to administer the State of Punjab after its annexation?
(A) Charles Grenville Mansel
(B) Sir Henry Lawrence
(C) John Lawrence
(D) Robert Montgomery
76. Tipu Sultan set up his capital at
77. British general who defeated/beat Haider Ali in War of Porto Novo
(A) Captain Popham
(B) Sir Eyer Coote
(C) Sir Hector Munro
(D) General Goddad
78. Tipu Sultan defeated the British army in 1780 at
79. Who among the following Indian rulers established embassies in foreign countries on modern lines?
(A) Haider Ali (B) Mir Qasim
(C) Shah Alam II (D) Tipu Sultan
80. When did Tipu Sultan die at war with British?
(A) 1857 (B) 1799
(C) 1793 (D) 1769
81. Englishman made the Treaty of Srirangapatinam with
(A) Haider Ali (B) Dupleix
(C) Tipu Sultan (D) Nandraj
82. Begum Samru constructed most eminent church at
(A) Mount Abu (B) Nainital
(C) Sardhana (D) Kanpur
83. Which of the following is correctly matched?
(A) First Anglo-Mysore War – Haider Ali was defeated
(B) Second Anglo-Mysore War – Haider Ali defeated the British
(C) Third Anglo-Mysore War – Tipu Sultan won the battle and did not cede his territory to British
(D) Fourth Anglo-Mysore War – Tipu was defeated and was killed in the thick of battle
84. Consider the following statements.
1. In the Third Battle of Panipat, Ahmad Shah Abdali defeated Ibrahim Lodi.
2. Tipu Sultan was killed in the Third Anglo-Mysore War.
3. Mir Jafar entered in conspiracy with the English for the defeat of Nawab Siraj-ud-daulah in the Battle of Plassey. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(A) 1, 2 and 3
(B) Only 3
(C) 2 and 3
(D) None of the above
85. Which one of the statements is not correct?
(A) Ali Mardan Khan introduced the system of revenue farming in Bengal
(B) Maharaja Ranjit Singh set up modern foundries to manufacture cannons at Lahore
(C) Sawai Jai Singh of Amber had Euclid’s Elements of Geometry’ translated into Sanskrit
(D) Sultan Tipu of Mysore gave money for the construction of the idol of Goddess Sharda is the Shrinegri temple