Shaiva, Bhagavata Religion related mcq pdf
353. Who were Nayanars?
(A) Shaiva (B) Shakta
(C) Vaishnava (D) Suryopasaka
354. Ardhanarisvara, a figure of half Shiva and half Parvati, represents
(A) Union of male and female
(B) Union of God and Goddess
(C) Union of God with his Shakti
(D) None of the above
355. Which one of the following was a Shaiva sect in ancient India?
(D) Isanasivagurudeva Paddhati
356. According to ancient Indian cosmogonic ideas, the sequential order of the cycle of four epochs
(A) Dvapara, Krita, Treta and Kali
(B) Krita, Dvapara, Treta and Kali
(C) Krita, Treta, Dvapara and Kali
(D) Treta, Dvapara, Kali and Krita
357. Who among the following was not an ‘Alvar Saint’?
358. Who were the ‘Nayanars’?
(D) Sun worshippers
359. The originator of Bhagavata Religion was
(A) Janak (B) Krishna
(C) Yagyavalkya (D) Surdas
360. Who contributes the most in the development of Bhagavata sect?
(B) Indo-Greek people
361. Who were the first to worship Vasudeva Krishna?
(A) Bhagavatas (B) Vedic Aryans
(C) Tamilians (D) Abhirs
362. Which of the following epic has primarily mentioned Krishna, son of Devaki?
(B) Chandogya Upanishad
(D) Bhagavata Purana
363. The number of forms of bhakti in the Bhagavata cult is
(A) 7 (B) 8
(C) 9 (D) 10
364. Who among the following deities is represented in art as holding the plough?
(A) Krishna (B) Balarama
(C) Kartikeya (D) Maitreya
365. The earliest archival evidence related to Bhagavat Religion is
(A) Allahabad’s inscription of Samudragupta
(B) Besnagar’s inscription of Heliodorus
(C) Bhitri’s inscription of Skanda Gupta
(D) Mehrauli’s pillar inscription
366. The Besanagar inscription of Heliodorus is associated with
(A) Sankarshan and Vasudeva
(B) Sankarshan and Pradyumna
(C) Sankarshan, Pradyumna and Vasudeva
(D) Only Vasudeva
367. Heliodorus of ‘Besanagar inscription’ was a resident of
(B) Takshila (Taxila)
368. The earliest known epigraphic evidence of Bhagvatism is
(A) Prayaga Prashasti of Samudra Gupta
(B) Nasik inscription of Gautami Balshri
(C) Garuda column at Besnagar
(D) Ayodhya inscription of Dhanadeva
369. Which one of the following is the distinctive features of a nastika and astika system in India?
(A) Belief in the existence of God
(B) Belief in the doctrine of rebirth
(C) Belief in the authenticity of the Vedas
(D) Belief in the existence of heaven and hell
370. Which incarnation of Vishnu is depicted as saving the Earth from the Sea?
371. Which one of the following is not included in ‘Prasthan trayi’?
(B) Bhagavad Gita
(C) Brahma Sutra
372. Which one of the following gives equal importance to Jnana, Karma and Bhakti as a means of liberation?
(A) Advaita Vedanta
(B) Vishistadvaitvad Vedanta
(C) Bhagavad Gita
373. Which Kand of Ramayana describes the first meeting of Rama and Hanumana?
(A) Kishkindha Kand
(B) Sunder Kand
(C) Bal Kand
(D) None of the above
374. The ancient place where the narration of entire Mahabharata was read in the conference of 60,000 hermits
375. Kumbh Mela at Nasik is held on which of the following river bank?
(A) Tapti River
(B) Narmada River
(C) Koyna River
(D) Godavari River
376. The Rathyatra at Puri is celebrated in honour of which Hindu deity?
(A) Lord Rama
(B) Lord Vishnu
(C) Lord Jagannath
(D) Lord Shiva
377. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer from the code given below. List-I
(d) Christianity List-II
4. Varanasi Code
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 3 1 4 2 (B) 1 2 4 3
(C) 3 4 1 2 (D) 2 3 1 4
378. In context of Indian culture who among the following is called Ananga?