The Citizenship related short questions pdf
305. The following States were created after 1960. Arrange them in ascending chronological order of their formation.
4. Meghalaya Choose your answer from the given code. Code
(A) 1, 2, 3, 4 (B) 2, 3, 4, 1
(C) 3, 1, 4, 2 (D) 2, 4, 1, 3
306. Indian citizenship cannot be obtained by
(C) Absorbing any part of land
(D) Depositing money in Indian Banks
307. Assertion (A): India is not a federation. Reason (R): Union Parliament has the power to alter the area, boundary and name of any State even without its consent. Select the correct answer from the code given below. Code
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and
(R) is the correct explanation of
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
308. The citizenship provided by the Constitution of India is
(A) Dual citizenship
(B) Single citizenship
(C) Both of the above
(D) None of the above
309. Who among the following is not eligible for registering as overseas citizen of India cardholder under the Citizenship Amendment Act, 2015?
(A) A minor child whose parents are an Indian citizen
(B) Spouse of foreign origin of an Indian citizen
(C) Indian who migrated to Pakistan after partition
(D) A great grandchild of a person who is a citizen of another country but whose grandparents were a citizen of India at the time of commencement of the Constitution
310. How many years does a person of Indian origin need to reside in India to become a citizen of India under the Citizenship Act, 1955?
(A) 5 years (B) 3 years
(C) 7 years (D) 10 years
311. Which one of the following features of citizenship in India is correct?
(A) Dual Citizenship of the State and Nation
(B) Single Citizenship of a State
(C) Single Citizenship of whole of India
(D) Dual Citizenship of India and another Country
312. Who/Which of the following is competent to prescribe condition for acquisition of citizenship?
(A) Election Commission
(C) Parliament and State Legislatures jointly
313. Which country accepted the policy of Dual Citizenship?
(A) India (B) Canada
(C) Australia (D) U.S.A.
314. Consider the following statements.
1. Article 371 A to 371 I were inserted in the Constitution of India to meet regional demands of Nagaland, Assam, Manipur, Andhra Pradesh, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh and Goa.
2. Constitution of India and the United States of America envisage a dual policy (The Union and the States) but a single citizenship.
3. A Naturalized citizen of India can never be deprived of his citizenship. Which of the statement given above is/are correct?
(A) 1, 2 and 3
(B) 1 and 3
(C) Only 3
(D) Only 1
315. Who among the following has the exclusive power of determining the issue of citizenship in India?
(A) The Parliament
(B) The President
(C) Central Government
(D) State Government