The Vice-President related mcq pdf download
584. The Vice-President may be removed from his office by a resolution of
(A) Council of States
(B) Lok Sabha
(D) Council of Ministers
585. How is Vice-President of India elected?
(A) By direct national election
(B) Nomination by President
(C) By direct election by the MPs of Lok Sabha and MLAs of Vidhan Sabha
(D) By election by the MPs of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
586. The Vice-President of India is elected by
(A) The People
(B) The Electoral College which elects the President
(C) The members of both the Houses of Parliament
(D) The State Legislatures
587. The Vice-President of India is elected by the members of an electoral college comprising
(A) Only elected members of both the Houses of Parliament
(B) All the members of both the Houses of Parliament
(C) Only elected members of Rajya Sabha and State Assemblies
(D) Only elected members of State Assemblies
588. A resolution for the removal of the Vice-President of India can be proposed in
(A) Only Lok Sabha
(B) Any House of Parliament
(C) Joint Session of Parliament
(D) Only Rajya Sabha
589. The proposal relating to dismissal of the Vice-President can be presented in
(A) Any House of the Parliament
(B) Rajya Sabha
(C) The Lok Sabha
(D) None of the above
590. Which one of the following is presided over by one who is not its member?
(A) Lok Sabha
(B) Vidhan Sabha
(C) Rajya Sabha
(D) Council of Ministers
591. Who is the Chairman of Rajya Sabha?
(A) The President
(B) The Vice-President
(C) The Prime Minister
(D) The Speaker of Lok Sabha
592. The serial number of Mr. Mohammad Ansari as Vice- President of India is
(A) 10th (B) 11th
(C) 12th (D) 13th
593. Among the four pairs given below which one consists of a correct-combination of dignitaries who became Vice-President after having held diplomatic posts of Ambassador and High Commissioners?
(A) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan and G.S. Pathak
(B) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan and V.V. Giri
(C) Dr. Zakir Hussain and K.R. Narayanan
(D) B.D. Jatti and K.R. Narayanan
594. Which of the following statements about the Vice-President of India are not correct?
1. In order to be the Vice- President, a person must be qualified for election as a member of the House of the People.
2. A member of the State Legislature can be a candidate for this office.
3. The term of the Office of the Vice-President is the same as that of the President.
4. He can be removed through a formal impeachment. Select the correct answer using the code given below.
(A) 1 and 2 (B) 2 and 3
(C) 1 and 4 (D) 3 and 4
595. Given below are two statements, Assertion (A) and Reason (R). Assertion (A): In order to be eligible for election as Vice- President, a person must be qualified for election as a member of the Upper House. Reason (R): Vice-President is chairperson of Rajya Sabha. Which of the following is correct in regard to the above statements?
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and
(R) is the correct explanation of
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
596. The Vice-President of India
1. Is the second highest dignitary of India.
2. Has no formal function attached to his office.
3. Discharges the functions of the President during his absence.
4. Acts as the President if the President resigns, or is removed or dies. Select the correct answer from the code given below.
(A) 1 and 2 (B) 1, 2 and 3
(C) 1, 3 and 4 (D) All the four