world Important Lakes and Waterfalls mcq
596. The correct sequence of the Great Lakes of the USA from East to West is
(A) Huron – Michigan – Ontario – Superior – Erie
(B) Superior – Ontario – Erie – Michigan – Huron
(C) Ontario – Erie – Huron – Michigan – Superior
(D) Erie – Huron – Michigan – Ontario – Superior
597. Which of the following is the second deepest and the longest lake of the world?
(A) Tanganyika Lake
(B) Baikal Lake
(C) Superior Lake
(D) Great Bear Lake
598. Which of the following lakes lies entirely in the U.S.A.?
(A) Lake Michigan
(B) Lake Huron
(C) Lake Superior
(D) Lake Erie
599. The largest fresh water lake in the world is
(A) Lake Windermear
(B) Lake Loch Ness
(C) Lake Baikal
(D) Lake Superior
600. Which one is not a part of Great Lakes?
(A) Bear (B) Superior
(C) Huron (D) Michigan
601. Which of the following is the oldest and deepest lake of the world?
(A) Baikal Lake
(B) Great Bear Lake
(C) Karda Lake
(D) Lincanbur Lake
602. Which is the deepest lake of the world?
(A) Titicaca (B) Victoria
(C) Baikal (D) Dead Sea
603. Finger Lake Region is located in
(A) Australia (B) Austria
(C) U.S.A. (D) Britain
604. On the basis of area and volume, the largest lake of the world is
(A) Aral Sea
(B) Caspian Sea
(C) Baikal Lake
(D) Michigan Lake
605. Which of the following is called the ‘land of one thousand lakes’?
606. Which of the following is called ‘Garden of Lakes’?
(C) New Zealand
607. Which of the following cities is located on Lake Superior?
(A) Chicago (B) Buffalo
(C) Detroit (D) Duluth
608. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) Boiling Lake – Dominica
(B) Five Flower – Mangolia Lake
(C) Red Lagoon – Bolivia
(D) Great Slave – Canada Lake
609. Which is highest waterfall of the world?
(B) Salto Angel
610. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
(A) Titicaca Lake – Bolivia – Peru
(B) Lake Urmia – Iran
(C) Lake Raindeer – Russia
(D) Lake Athabaska – Canada
611. The waterfall ‘Victoria’ is associated with the river
(C) St. Lawrence
612. Which of the following waterfalls is located in Venezuela?
(A) Victoria Falls
(B) Angel Falls
(C) Alfred Creek Falls
(D) Tugela Falls
613. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(A) World’s tallest waterfall – Tugela Falls
(B) World’s largest fresh water lake – Lake Superior
(C) World’s highest navigable lake – Lake Titicaca
(D) World’s second deepest lake – Lake Tanganyika
614. Which of the following lakes is a world heritage site?
(A) Red Lagoon of Bolivia
(B) Boiling Lake of Dominica
(C) Five Flower Lake of China
(D) Plitivice Lake of Croatia
615. Arrange the following lakes in correct descending order of their area using the code given below.
1. Great Bear 2. Baikal
3. Victoria 4. Superior Code
(A) 4, 3, 2, 1
(B) 3, 2, 1, 4
(C) 4, 2, 1, 3
(D) 3, 1, 4, 2