Worlds Countries and their Borders MCQ pdf
339. Which of the following countries of South Asia is the smallest in terms of area?
(A) Maldives (B) Bhutan
(C) Sri Lanka (D) Bangladesh
340. Which of the following countries is not larger than India in terms of area?
(A) Russia (B) Brazil
(C) Canada (D) France
341. The correct ascending order of the following countries in terms of area is
(A) Brazil, Argentina, Australia, India
(B) Australia, Brazil, India, Argentina
(C) Argentina, India, Australia, Brazil
(D) India, Brazil, Argentina, Australia
342. The largest country of the world is
(A) Brazil (B) Australia
(C) China (D) U.S.A.
343. Which country has the largest coastline?
(A) U.S.A. (B) Australia
(C) Canada (D) India
344. Which one of the following countries has the longest coastal line?
(A) India (B) Canada
(C) Australia (D) Brazil
345. Which one of the following countries does not share border with Caspian Sea?
346. Which of these countries forms the longest territorial border with India?
(A) China (B) Pakistan
(C) Bangladesh (D) Nepal
347. Israel has common borders with
(A) Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt
(B) Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Jordan
(C) Cyprus, Turkey, Jordan and Egypt
(D) Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Yemen
348. Which of the following countries does not form border with the Caspian Sea?
(A) Azerbaijan (B) Iran
(C) Iraq (D) Kazakhstan
349. ‘Horn of Africa’ consists of
(A) Algeria, Morocco and West Sahara
(B) Libya, Sudan and Egypt
(C) Somalia, Ethiopia and Djibouti
(D) Zimbabwe, Botswana and Angola
350. China does not share its border with
(A) Russia (B) India
(C) Mongolia (D) Bulgaria
351. Which one of the following is not a Balkan country?
(A) Slovenia (B) Bulgaria
(C) Romania (D) Austria
352. The Horn of Africa does not include
(A) Ethiopia (B) Eritea
(C) Somalia (D) Sudan
353. Which one of the following countries does not border with Lithuania?
(A) Poland (B) Ukraine
(C) Belarus (D) Latvia
354. Which of the following countries is not located in Central America?
(A) Panama (B) Sieraleone
(C) Honduras (D) Gautemala
355. Which of the following is not included in the group of Scandinavian countries?
(A) Denmark (B) Finland
(C) Norway (D) Sweden
356. Which of the following is not included in the geographical group of countries designated the name Oceania?
(A) Indonesia (B) Melanesia
(C) Micronesia (D) Australia
357. Other than India and China, which one of the following groups of countries border with Myanmar?
(A) Bangladesh, Thailand and Vietnam
(B) Cambodia, Laos and Malaysia
(C) Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia
(D) Thailand, Laos and Bangladesh
358. Afghanistan does not have a common border with
359. Given below is a map of some countries which were parts of the erstwhile Soviet Union, with water bodies shown by shaded areas. 1 2 3 4 5 The countries marked 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are respectively.
(A) Tajikistan, Turkmenia, Uzbekistan, Kirgizia, Kazakhstan
(B) Turkmenia, Kirgizia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan
(C) Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kirgizia, Turkmenia
(D) Kazakhstan, Turkmenia, Uzbekistan, Kirgizia, Tajikistan
360. Arrange the following countries in descending order of their area and select the correct answer using code given below.
1. Brazil 2. Canada
3. China 4. U.S.A. Code
(A) 3, 4, 1, 2 (B) 2, 3, 4, 1
(C) 2, 4, 1, 3 (D) 1, 3, 2, 4
361. Consider the map given below. 3 4 2 1 The countries marked 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the map respectively represent
(A) Libya, Somalia, Nigeria and Namibia
(B) Egypt, Somalia, Congo and Namibia
(C) Sudan, Ethiopia, Angola and Botswana
(D) Algeria, Kenya, Ghana and Zambia
362. The rough outline map shows a portion of the Middle East. The countries labelled A, B, C and D are respectively. Tigris Euphrates A D B C
(A) Syria, Iraq, Jordan and Saudi Arabia
(B) Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Jordan
(C) Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia and Jordan
(D) Iraq, Syria, Jordan and Saudi Arabia
363. Consider the following statements.
1. Great Britain comprises England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
2. England covers less than 60% of the total area of the United Kingdom. Which of these statements given above is/are correct?
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
364. Consider the following countries.
2. Bosnia Herzegovina
4. Macedonia Which of these countries has/have Adriatic sea as a boundary?
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 1, 2 and 3
(C) Only 4
(D) 3 and 4